Friday, August 22, 2008

Okay, it's not too often that I feel so completely aware of my status as a shill, but I do so quite happily in this case.

Many thanks to a favorite radio alumnus pal of mine, Laura In The Living Room, for sending along a note hipping me to this.

At the website for the new David Byrne & Brian Eno album, 'Everything That Happens Will Happen Today' you can listen to the entire record streaming on the nifty flash player thingie.



(If you're having any trouble with the nifty flash player thingie embedded here, you might follow the link above to the website.)

Pardon me, but even if it's a marketing tool to increase sales, it's a nice gesture.

It was just about 30 years ago that Eno started producing Talking Heads records, and it was in 1981 that Byrne and Eno's first official collaboration, the ground-breaking 'My Life in the Bush of Ghosts' was released.

This new album bears ever so much more of a resemblance to the pretty pop records that both parties have been releasing in just the past few years.
Though I've found some of the recent efforts to be very different than some of the very familiar old favorites, I've found plenty to like about them.
After a first listen I feel the same here, and maybe you will too.

Personally I'd say its sound is leaning just a tad more towards the recent Eno spectrum of things, in that its instrumentation is perhaps less adventurous and eclectic than some recent Byrne ventures.

I think also that the impression I'm getting is that maybe Eno was responsible primarily for melody, and Byrne for lyrics, which makes sense, I suppose.

Regardless, enjoy!

Another nugget of news Laura sent along about Mr. Byrne made me smile; Perhaps you've seen the
New York Times article that ran a couple of days ago, about the newly-installed NYC bicycle racks designed by David Byrne?

Follow the link...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY