Monday, June 7, 2010



Yesterday was a trip back in time for me.  Our parish had a Eucharistic procession for Corpus Christi and our pastor asked the recent first communicants to wear their first communion finery for the procession around the block.  Each little girl looked stunning; one even came complete with white gloves. This brought back memories of my mom making sure I got good use out of my Easter hat and white gloves by making me wear them to Mass for months afterwards.


One little toddler boy had on the most adorable pair of blue saddle shoes.  This, of course, brought back memories of my own saddle shoes that I wore each and every day to my Catholic high school.  Quite nerdy, even way back then, but also surprisingly comfortable.

Is it sadistic that I take such joy that these traditions are coming back in spite of my own lack of appreciation for and enjoyment of them at the time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY