Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Late have I loved you,

O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,

late have I loved you!



You were within me,

but I was outside

and it was there

that I searched for you



In my unloveliness I plunged

into the lovely things

which you created.



You were with me,

but I was not with you.

Created things kept me from you


yet if they had not been

they would have not been

at all.



You called,

you shouted,

and you broke through

my deafness.



You flashed,

you shone,

and you dispelled my blindness.



You breathed your fragrance on me
I drew in breath and now I pant for you.

I have tasted you,

now I hunger and thirst for more.


You touched me,

and I burned

for your peace.


~Saint Augustine, 397 AD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY