Sunday, December 16, 2007

It was likely on the strength of his first TV appearances on the Letterman show that I jumped at the chance to see Pee-Wee Herman perform live in
San Francisco in 1983
.

After that I was sold on P.W., and soon became a proud card-carrying member of the fan club.

I suppose I was already among the faithful when the movies and and the TV show came along.

Here are some scans of the swag that came with the membership...

I framed the autographed photo, and it's been on display ever since. →









Now it can be revealed!
The 'secret' club membership card masquerades as an ordinary business card you can carry in your wallet.

← CLICK on the card to 'unfold' and reveal the club I.D.

(for reasons of club security I've photoshopped out my personal info)

This issue of the 'Pee-Wee Press' newsletter ↓ included appearances from the cast of 'The Pee-Wee Herman Show' stage production, and was the only one I received. Don't know if there were later issues. This one mentions concepts for 'Big Adventure' and 'Pee-Wee's Playhouse' being shopped around, so perhaps things got too busy soon after...

(Follow the link to my recent post: The Pee Wee Herman Show Original Cast Recording)

(Click on newsletter pages to ENLARGE text in a new window ⬇)






(Click on newsletter pages to ENLARGE text in a new window ⬆)

See also: The 'In The News' section above mentions the 'Likely Stories' anthology TV series.
Click here to watch 'School, Girls & You' at YouTube, featuring Paul Reubens in the role of Wally Bile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY