Monday, August 30, 2010

This is the first movement of John Rutter's Gloria.

I had the joy and privilege of singing this piece when I was in college.  I could hardly believe my good fortune that year.

Next week I will continue with the second movement.

Below are the Latin lyrics and English translation of this first movement.



Glória in excélsis Deo
et in terra pax homínibus bonae voluntátis.
Laudámus te,
benedícimus te,
adorámus te,
glorificámus te,
grátias ágimus tibi propter magnam glóriam tuam,
Glória in excélsis Deo

Glory be to God on high.
And in earth peace towards men of good will.
We praise thee.
We bless thee.
We worship thee.
We glorify thee.
We give thanks to thee for thy great glory.
Glory be to God on high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY