Friday, September 21, 2007

A few things whirling 'round my brain and flashing 'fore my eyes recently...

1. - - ANNOUNCEMENT!! - -

THURSDAY 9/27/07
9am - NOON (Pacific Time)
'The In Crowd' guest DJ slot on KALX 90.7 FM in Berkeley
( http://kalx.berkeley.edu ), live on the air with Sex 14s.

As if another visit back to the bay area from whence I came isn't excitement enough for me, this upcoming
THURSDAY the 27th, barring incident, I'll be on the air sitting in with my dear friend Sex 14s, spinning tunes during his morning timeslot on KALX.
Last time I did this was back in January, and Sex was gracious enough to turn his show over to me for the duration. It was just WAY too much fun.

(KALX ad image by DJ Craig Baxter.) ➔

I hope you'll listen in, if you have the opportunity. It's been a while since I've had the live radio experience I love so much.
Could be I'll suck, which I'm sure would also be entertaining...

2. Speaking of Former-KALX-Deejays, one of my favorite programmers and favorite people during my tenure at KALX was Mo. ➔

It's been a long time now since she's spun at KALX, having returned to her SoCal stamping grounds.

But I was THRILLED just last night to have located her current internet radio show at LittleRadio.com !

Check it out, grab a listen some time.
It'll make *you* cheerful, too...






3. Some submissionses and correspondencies:

- I had another nice note from frequent visitor Joshua Turner a couple of weekends ago.

Previously he shared with us the unnerving images of 'The Yuk Yuk Clown Doll'. (click on the link if you're prepared to revisit them)

⬅ Now he's sent along pix of this well-loved vintage power drill... (click images to ENLARGE)

"My neighbor was having a yard sale and I picked up this gem. I don't have to much info except that it was made by the Independent Pneumatic Tool Company of Chicago Illinois. The "Flash Gordon" look of this is what interested me and I have never seen a tool so toy-like."

It's a beauty, and the tarnish and gunk give it sort of a 'steampunk' look, don't you think?

I'll admit though, that it took me a beat or two for its charms to work on me. It wasn't too long ago that I was still using my late father's old tools, (And some of HIS father's, too) that didn't look much more modern than this.

When the drill finally gave up, I was startled to find out all the new innovations there've been in power tool techology in recent decades.

'Cordless AND rechargeable? Adjustable torque? Doubles as a reversible screw driver? When did all this happen?!?'

- I was completely honored and amused to discover this new little 'graphic link button' thingie the other day, created by Percy Trout, using the LP cover image of Miyoshi Umeki ⬇ that I posted here a couple of weeks back, just after she'd passed away..

The link is floating amid other such links at his scintillating site 'The Percy Trout Hour'.

I visit there often. He was kind enough to say of my blog - "It's very informative... Plus... You like what I like!"

The feeling is entirely mutual, Percy. Thanks!

- Big Mike Geier, of Useless Playboys fame, recently dropped a line to say he'd seen the piece I'd posted back at the end of May about one of their old 45s.

He also provided a link to the well-remembered band's MySpace page. (click for link)

Thanks Big Mike!

4. "Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Subject: This is why I don't scuba dive!"

I received yet another 'kooky' little forward message this week from a cousin of mine.

Perhaps you have the same cousin?
You're on her list, so she sends jokes and photos of kitties and angels and good luck prayer chains and warnings about the latest government cover-up - - and that's all you ever hear from her?

This one was actually pretty good. Maybe you've already seen it.
It's a cool picture and makes a good story, regardless of whether or not it's the truth, and it comes with that typical odd 'forward' writing style and punctuation...

"Family on holiday in Australia for a week and a half when husband, wife and
their 15 year old son decided to go scuba diving.

"His son wanted a pic of his mum and dad in all their gear so got the
underwater camera on the go. When it came to taking the pic the dad realized
that the son look like he was panicking as he took it and gave the 'OK' hand
sign to see if he was alright.

"The son took the pic and swam to the surface and back to the boat as quick
as he could so the mum and dad followed to see if he was OK. When they got
back to him he was scrambling onto the boat and absolutely sh1tting himself.

"When the parents asked why he said 'there was a shark behind you' and the
dad thought he was joking but the skipper of the boat said it was true and
that they wouldn't believe him if he told them what it was. As soon as they
got back to the hotel they put the pic onto the laptop and this is what they saw..."

*** (click here for photo!) ***


Personally, my favorite part is that the shark looks as though he's posing for the photo.
'Cheese!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY