Friday, September 28, 2007

A few randoms and sundries with a quickness whilst I'm on the fly back here in my old bay area stamping grounds...

- My Guest-DJ shift at KALX yesterday morning was a complete BLAST!

A treat to hang with Sex 14s, great to get that rush of the 'seat-of-the-pants, non-definitive radio' experience that I've not had in a while. Several nice calls and follow-up emails from well-wishers, a few pop-ins from old radio pals... A true lovefest.

Elsewhere - -

- Be sure to bookmark the enormous and stunning bad music etc mp3 archive at April Winchell's website.

("The only bad music is boring music" - Barrett 'Dr. Demento' Hansen)

(Thanks to Laura In The Living Room for the link!)

- During a visit to Green Apple Books the other day I was lucky enough to find a copy of Taschen's new 'Tiki Modern' book to leaf through.

I'd read about it at Eye of the Goof, but it was my first chance to see it in person. Absolutely lovely! A feast of eye-candy. Yum yum!

- 'Dreams To Remember: The Legacy of Otis Redding' - - a new DVD from Stax. Haven't seen it yet, but you better believe I'll be checking it out.

Spotted it the other day. Loaded with performance clips, it looks like a dream come true. Fingers crossed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY