Saturday, September 13, 2008


A mystery continues...

Please follow this link to my flickr set:
'Lou Peters illustrations from The Lunchbox Cookbook, 1955'

(33 images)

I found this little old 'cookbooklet' in a thrift store not too long ago, and took a shine to the cartoony mid-century illustrations.

Searching for more info about the artist, the only thing I found was Ward Jenkins' blogpost, 'The Versatile
(and Unknown) Lou Peters'
, and Ward's accompanying flickr set.

In those other images, Peters displayed a greater range of drawing styles, often showing a considerably more realist look than what you see here.







This book was part of a series published by The Culinary Arts Institute.
I've seen a few others, but not with
Lou Peters artwork.
(I didn't like the other books' artwork nearly as much, either)

So who was Lou Peters?

Was that the only name used by this artist?
Was Lou Peters a man?

If you have answers, please share them.

Leave a comment here, at my flickr set - - or maybe better still, with Wardomatic, who seems just a tad more hell-bent for an answer than I am...






























































Please follow this link to
my flickr set:
'Lou Peters illustrations from
The Lunchbox Cookbook, 1954'

(33 images)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY